Baked cod with fennel, apricots and flaked almonds
- 600g cod loins
- 2 large potatoes
- 2-3 bulbs fennel
- 6 dried apricots
- 50g flaked almonds
- 250 ml white wine
- 1 orange
- To taste: extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper
- Dry-roast the flaked almonds on a frying pan.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into slices or segments, then boil in water until tender.
- Slice the fennel and parboil in salted water for 10 minutes, until al dente, then cool rapidly in iced water.
- Cut the apricots into small cubes.
- Arrange these ingredients in an oven-proof dish and pour the white wine over, together with the juice of the orange.
- Brown the cod loins gently in oil in a frying pan, then place them in the dish on top of the other ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper, and pour a little olive oil over the dish.
- Bake in the ovenproof dish in the oven for 7-10 minutes at 200°C.