Terms of reference - Rules of procedure
The roles and responsibilities of the IRF Technical Committee
- The IRF Technical Committee (TC) has responsibility for the development, revision and interpretation of the Iceland Responsible Fisheries Management Standard and associated Chain of Custody Standard certification schemes, as well as the development, revision and interpretation of all rules covering claims and logo use by certification bodies and certificate holders, including applicants.
- The IRF Technical Committee does not have a decision making role in the approval, suspension, cancellation or in setting conditions of certificates; which are the responsibility of the certification body.
- The IRF Technical Committee shall convene at least once a year; extraordinary meetings may be held if required, and where agreed by the Chair.
- Dates and locations for meetings shall be announced by the chair, a proposed agenda shall be circulated by the Chair to all members. Meetings shall be held in person or by teleconference.
- Decisions of the IRF Technical Committee shall be taken in person, by teleconference or by electronic means.
- Decisions shall be taken based on majority votes of members of the IRF Technical Committee. The Chair shall be entitled to a casting vote in the event of a tie.
- The IRF Technical Committee shall include a representative balance of interests so that no single interest predominates.
- The IRFF board appoints the Technical Committee for four years at a time after receiving suggestions from TC Chair and nominations from interested parties.
- The process of appointing members of the IRF Technical Committee shall include consideration of conflicts of interest.
- Members of the committee may resign at any time by giving notice in writing to the Chair. A quorum of the committee shall be 7 members.
- No direct financial renumeration will be made to committee members. With prior agreement, reasonable expenses to the members of the IRF Technical Committee may be paid.
- A record shall be kept of TC meetings and decisions.
Responsibilities of the IRF Technical Committee
- To write and agree on a Standard for the certification of responsible fisheries in Iceland and an associated Chain of Custody Standard.
- To conduct a review of the Standard at least every 5 years.
- To select and appoint a suitable Chair.
- To approve the issue of Standards.