GSSI is gaining stronger international support
The IRFM certification scheme is GSSI recognized
Global Seafood Sustainable Initiative (GSSI) is gaining strong international support as new companies continue to join the GSSI Partnership. Alaska RFM, Iceland RFM, MSC and most recently Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) have all been recognized by GSSI. Many more schemes have publicly announced their support and application to become recognized.
The following organizations have recently joined GSSI as funding partners:
- Grupo Nueva Pescanova, one of the world’s largest fishing companies.
- US Foods, a leading foodservice distributor.
- AEON Co., Ltd., the largest retailer in Asia.
- BidFresh, a specialist provider of produce, meat and seafood to the restaurant and catering industry in the UK and Ireland
- Red Lobster, an american seafood restaurant chain.
Please visit GSSI's website to see all funding and affiliated partners.
Note also, that Herman Wisse, Director of GSSI, will chair a session on Credible Transparancy in the Certification Landscape at the Seafood Expo North America, 12 March, 2:15 pm - 3:30 pm, Room 153 A/B.