Redfish in beer batter and burned lemon
- 800g Redfish fillet with out skin
- 4 piece lemons
- 200 g plain flour
- 200 g white rice flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 600 ml lager
- sea salt for seasoning
- 2-3 L sunflower seed oil (for frying)
- Rinse redfish fillets and dry them with kitchen paper. Season well, then dust with rice flour. Shake off any extra flour.
- Place oil, ¾ of the way up in a large saucepan and set over high heat and heat until oil reaches 180C.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Add the beer, using a whisk, mix slowly until most of the mixture has dissolved.
- Dip the fillet into the batter. When the fillet is completely coated, lower the fillet into the hot oil.
- As the fish fries, drizzle a little extra batter over it to give an extra crusty exterior. When it has turned a light golden brown, turn the fillet over and drizzle more batter on top.
- Let the fish cook for another minute or so, then remove it from the oil. Half the lemons and caramelize on weary hot pan to serve with the fish.